Eldene Residents AGM – 24th Feb 2016
Present: Jo (Chair), Annmarie, Naomi, Kathleen (Horizons), Mike (Sec), Jim (Treasurer), Eileen, Mr Eileen, Fay, Lesley, Corinne, Jim
Apologies: Ian Vincent, Christine, Rob
Jo started the meeting. Everyone went round and introduced themselves, Jo thanked Horizons for kicking off ERA.
- 5-6 litter picks, including round Shaftesbury lake in conjunction with the Angling Society, and working with Morrisons. We have developed a good relationship with them.
- Tabletop sale went very well, thanks to Christine for driving the organisation.
- Post Office discussions rumble on.
- Hustings for the General Election.
- Involvement in discussions for Eldene Beach development.
- Local Police reports.
- Carol singing (must take a charity bucket next time)
- Parishing discussion.
- Jim gave around his summary of the accounts thus far. £229.20 in the bank.
- V disappointing that the ERA banner has gone missing.
- May need to spend money on a new leaflet drop.
- Jo, Jim and Mike nominated (by Corinne) and seconded (by Jim B) to carry on.
- Naomi and Corinne joined the Committee.
- Children running straight over it into the road was a problem.
- Sally (the Architect/Planner) has left the Council, there is a new person involved. Fay will push from the Council’s point of view, we can also get in touch.
- Post Office stalling but tricky to get anywhere.
- With Eldene Beach, people are using the back road to park on by the Crumpled Horn.
- Parishing. Clerks get paid, so it would be an extra level of administration spend. Next ERA meeting will focus on Parishing. We can invite Talis who is a Parish Councillor in Wroughton, and ideally someone like Russell Holland who is the plan. (30th March).
- Children’s Centres are closing.
- Libraries under threat. We can get involved. MD to write a letter from ERA – council meeting is 25th February. Voluntary Action Swindon has also had their budget cut. We will circulate different projects.
- Council meeting budget tomorrow will increase Council tax, mostly to care for older people
- There is a scheme where a bus comes with IT people, to help those who are less IT-literate to save money by using IT. Horizons are interested in hosting that bus.
- Concerns about people walking down the slope towards the roundabout. Will raise that with Morrisons Community manager.
- Talis offered a bike fix kit (ask Morrisons).
- Hustings for Europe referendum (June 23rd)
- Local Elections on May 5th (Fay is up for election)
- Litter pick on 12th March (Richard Jefferies), 16th April (meet far end Morrisons) 11am, 14th May (Eldene Beach)