Eldene Residents Association, 31st August 2016
Dave, Jim (Treasurer), Mike (Secretary), Corinne, Sheila, Wayne, Jim
Jo (Chair), Annette
There will be a meeting in Eldene with the consultation. Current plan is for Eldene to join with Liden and Nythe. A reasonably small parish is a good thing so that the money does stay in Eldene.
If you go back 20 years Eldene used to be very well kept.
· What happens if people don’t pay the precept?
Eldene Beach Update
Fay brought a CD on the Beach, but Mike didn’t bring his CD reader. There will be a meeting at end September and feedback given to the architects. Seating would be good, and wastebins.
Events up to Christmas
Carol singing on 21st December.
Litter-picking continuing, dates are in the Handy Mag.
- 17th Sept
- 8th Oct
- 12th Nov
- 10th Dec
DS would like people on community service to do litter-picking as well. Fay to follow-up.
The Young Wardens made a planter, which looks good.
Consultation being done about double yellow lines.
Is there money available for more parking spaces?
· NextDoor organisation? Some had information through the door about them, but it wasn’t clear what the purpose was.
· Footpath towards Liden needs work.
· Library is shutting, Jim brought a petition about Parks library.
· Need to email out minutes and date of next meeting (wasn’t done this time).
· Various discussion about whether Labour areas get less money – is there evidence that it is the case? Eldene Drive redone in one night, other roads get done properly. Is that Council money? Kershaw Drive has a nice road surface. Pot holes on Eldene Drive past Snodshill.