Eldene Residents Minutes 27th April 16
Jo (Chair),Wayne, Mike, Jim (Treasurer), Chris, Annette, Fay, Jim
Agenda: Who, What, When, Where, How
What is the plan for the next 6 or 12 months?
- Litter-pick – put stuff up on the Morrisons board
- Publicity in general – put it all in the Handy Mag, send out through Eldene School
- Is some of it being blown out of recycling?
- Meads is one of the worst areas as the recycling people have to move the boxes a long way to the trucks
- Would Morrisons be able to put up some posters? Donate a prize for some good posters? IT one and hand-drawn one?
- Upcoming dates: 14/5, 18/6 (followed by coffee), 9/7, 6/8
- Actions: Mike to do poster and contact Abbie, Jim to advertise through school
- Always meet at Morrisons (far end of car park)
- Needles – Chris is going to do the needle-picking up course, then can use the stuff to pick it up!
- Kids are welcome to come with parents
- We haven’t had any reports – invite them along, they haven’t made it (they do attend Morrisons the first Tuesday of the month).
- Lack of money means they are not providing services.
School Summer fair, Jim to let us know, and we can have a table to promote what we do
(Big map of Eldene?, do something with that)
- Like the Co-op in Sussex Square would be good, but we are in limbo until the spare shop gets something put in. There might be a charity shop in the empty unit.
- Questionnaire is still happening – surveys for Lydiard and Coate Water as well.
- Volunteers can’t do anything involving data protection.
- They have returned, and go to Morrisons cafe. (WTTL).
- Council officers are aware.
- You have to be less than 12” away from the kerb or you might get fined.
- No budget for extra car parking. Localities money has gone, we were supposed to be getting some this year round.
- To get double yellow lines costs £3000 for a Traffic Regulation Order.
- Coffee morning to meet residents? Saturday morning?
- Waiting until after the election.
- Still nothing happening.
- Could do with getting the Centre being involved again, would boost the area.
- Not doing what they were originally planned to do. Could they come to the meeting? Same as the neighbourhood wardens. Could they explain what they do? (Joan Woods – HRA Account pays her).
- Increasing in numbers, this room is filled on a Wednesday.
- Another way of advertising – stick it on there.