Present: Chris Watts (Councillor), Margaret (Horizons), 7 residents
Apologies: Jo and Annette Milsom, Fay Howard, Robert Loss, Kathleen Aitken, Ann Easter, Derique Montaut, Corinne Milner, Nathalie Marshall
- Eldene Centre
- Utility people have been in. No truth in rumours of flats.
- Flyers should go out to parents from Eldene school at the start of term, also good to mention in assemblies etc.
- Consultation should go into Morrisons.
- Spending council grant
- Social on 12th September
- Taking these together, advertising ERA using a banner would be a good idea.
- Community picnic, 12th Sept 3-5pm.
- Adverts in Morrisons, in Handy Mag, flyer through school, in the Advertiser, Doctor’s surgery, poster board by lakes, Holy Family school, preschool.
- Plan is for stories, random picnic, outdoor games, bats and balls, boule sets, advertise for people to bring their outdoor activities.
- Leaflet drop would be good – think about designing.
- Possible idea – putting together an “Eldene newsletter”, would someone from the Wednesday group be interested?
- Street champions idea should be taken forward.
- Access to dog walkers (interest in some sort of dog show?)
- Response to increasing Morrisons delivery hours
- Morrisons want to begin deliveries at 0500. CW will ask the Morrisons community champion for details.
- Eldene residents are using the Co-op at Cavendish Square rather than Morrisons due to the Park South post office.
- Rachel at the council is going to look at community hubs.
- Fitness First now up to let. Mike will ask the company what the deal is.
- #20 bus service. Meeting is on 24th September regarding the bus, would be helpful if people went along. Petitions presented as part of that, and we could put forward a “public question”.
- Thorne Road post box was being surveyed. CW will contact Mary Warwick at the Post Office regarding street furniture and a current survey not giving an accurate picture.
- Bank account is still pending.
- Community Navigators – Elaine Woolfe (sp?). Link between GP surgery and residents.
- Next meeting is 30th September, picnic on 12th September.