The Eldene Residents Association (ERA) had its first official meeting on 9th Feb ’15 after a couple of brainstorming gatherings (see previous posts). The following items were discussed;
Eldene Residents Association
We accepted the model Constitution and Code of Conduct and elected Jo Milsom as Chair and Mike Davies as Secretary. We proposed Sonia Stapleton as Treasurer, but she could not make the meeting and is considering.
Community Centre update
- Jo Milsom is a Committee member for the community centre and bar
- Future meetings could possibly be in the community centre from 7:30pm on Wednesdays
- We talked about the Crumpled Horn
- The church is not currently meeting at the Centre.
Post Office shutting
Hopeful that a new one will be sorted by April
- Chip shop hoping to move by April
18th Feb – residents open day about using the space 10am-1pm. There will be Facebook event for this.
Local and General Election
- 1 local council seat up for election – current councillor Neil Heavens is stepping down.
Plans for ERA
- Write to council re Eldene Centre and possible funding
- Write to Dorcan school to possibly get some youth involvement
- Write to Morrisons to engage
- Press release to Adver
- Get in touch with Handy Mag
- Litter picking dates (stick with Saturdays), meeting dates
- Website section for the Eldene Community Centre
Possible Links for the website
- Stratton Advice Point
- Citizen Advice Bureau
- PPG – Patient Participation Group for Eldene Surgery